MEET THE OWNERS
How I Taught My Slow Cooker to Clean Itself
October 20, 2016
Is Your Filtered Water Safe?
October 10, 2016
October 5, 2016
How to Clean a Smelly Washer
October 3, 2016
The Best Washer and Dryer Brands List
September 27, 2016
Dryer Not Drying in One Cycle? It Could Cause a House Fire. Here's What to Do.
September 22, 2016
20% off your first service!
September 20, 2016
Stay Tuned for Appliance Tips, Tricks, and Must-Knows
August 13, 2016
I'm busy working on my blog posts. Watch this space!
Does your washer smell like mildew or a mens locker room after a football game? Either way - we've got a solution for you.
Top Loading Washers:
You will need: Bleach, White Distilled Vinegar, Non-abrasive Sponge, Dirty Washer
1. Set your washer on the longest wash cycle and let it fill up with hot water.
2. As the washer is filling, add 4 cups of bleach directly into the washer drum. Do not put into bleach compartment.
3. Once the drum is filled with water, agitate for a minute or two to mix in the bleach.
4. Turn machine off and let bleach water sit in tub for 1 hour.
5. After hour is up, turn machine back on and let longest wash cycle finish.
6. After cycle is finished, immediately fill tub with hot water again on longest wash cycle.
7. Add 4 cups of white distilled vinegar to the tub, and once water has filled, turn machine off and let vinegar-water mixture sit for 1 hour.
8. While 1 hour is passing, take your sponge and dip into tub. Use vinegar-water to wipe down the inside and outside of your machine.
9. You can usually remove the bleach and fabric softner dispenser caps - if so, toss these into the tub to soak in the vinegar-water and clean under where the caps have been sitting on your machine.
10. After 1 hour has passed, replace your dispenser caps and let cycle complete.
11. Marvel at how lovely your washer now looks and smells, and give yourself a pat on the back.
12. Print off professional-washer-washer badge below and pin to t-shirt or magnet to your fridge so that your significant other and/or all house-guests can see how accomplished you are.
*to print badge, right click on badge, select save as, and save badge to your desktop. Go to your desktop and open to print.
Front- Loading Washers:
You will need: Bleach, White Distilled Vinegar, Baking Soda, Non-abrasive Sponge, Dirty Washer
1. Fill bleach-compartment (in front drawer) with bleach and run a hot water longest wash cycle (or clean cycle if you have the option).
2. When cycle is complete, mix 1/4c cup baking soda and 1/4 cup water together, and pour mixture into detergent compartment (in front drawer).
3. Add 2 cups of white distilled vinegar to washer drum.
4. Run hottest cycle.
5. When cycle is finished, use a non-abrasive sponge to wipe inside of drum clean.
6. Make sure to clean the inside seal as this is where most of the smelly scum will hide.
*For easy upkeep, wipe the inside of the seal after each laundry wash and keep the door to the washer open for a few minutes to allow excess water to dry up.
7. You're finished! Stand back a few feet from your squeaky-clean washer and give yourself a round-of-applause.
8. Print off professional-washer-washer badge above and pin to t-shirt or magnet to your fridge so that your significant other and/or all house-guests can see how accomplished you are.
Do you need appliance repair service? We service all of Lee, Collier & Charlotte Counties and we are open 24/7. Call us at 239-691-0777.
October 2016 (4)
September 2016 (3)
August 2016 (1)